Friday, May 6, 2011

Advice for Mothers

Our quiet, but funny Gram is our boss lady. We should listen to all that she says and try to follow it. Today as I sat with her she glared at me and said, "wipe your face you have a spot on your cheek!" When Gram says "jump", you say "how high". I wiped my cheek and it still didn't come off. "Wipe it again..." she insisted. At this point Gram got a tissue and began to help me, but to no avail! I finally got up and looked in the mirror... The spot on my check turned out to be one of my many freckles... We both laughed. Gram I love you and will do anything for you. I will even wipe off my freckles for you.


Gram knows that she is the origin of all of us. She is in charge! Here is some advice for her daughters and granddaughters regarding being mothers:

"Be the best of what you are and stay close to your children. The most important people in your life are your children. Not only are they your children, but your best friends".
---Donna Rae Carlson

Happy Mother's Day! Love Janelle

1 comment: